Sunday, June 7, 2009

WHAT A LOVELY WEEKEND

I'm sure this probably makes very boring reading for everyone but I want to savour every moment of being home so I'm recording it all on here!

Just had a really lovely first weekend at home.  On Saturday my Mum and the kids and I went to our favourite wee cafe in Gourock.  Gourock's a wee town on the coast and we've been going to this particular cafe for years and years.  Unfortunately the weather had taken a turn for the worse on Saturday and when we arrived it was absolutely baltic!  I only have sandals with me and I thought my feet were going to drop off with the cold!

After our wee outing we decided to visit the haute couture shopping outlet that is - Tesco!!  Managed to finally buy myself a few bits and pieces as well, of course, as more for the kids.  This will add to the other stuff I've bought for them from such other haute couture shops as Primark and Sainsburys!  And I've still to get to Matalan and Asda... :o)   Me thinks a bigger suitcase will be required on the way back to Singapore!

Went out for a nice ruby murray with the girls on Saturday night.  Elizabeth, Laura, Lesley, Alison and Karen all came along and we had a right old gab - fantastic!

On Sunday we went to the Singing Kettle in Helensburgh with Joan and Elliot.  For those who don't know - the Singing Kettle is sort of like a Scottish version of the Wiggles.  And for those who don't know who the Wiggles are - there's no point in me trying to explain any more!!

The show was really good.  They have a new member (the original three members must be pushing 60 as my friend Karen says she used to take her 19 year old to the shows).  The new guy was really funny so a good time was had by all.  Kayla sat mesmerised all the way through!

After the show we went for a walk along the front at Helensburgh.  Had a good healthy lunch of chips from the chippy and sat on the front eating them whilst fending off the seagulls!  Spent a while tiring out the kids by blowing bubbles and letting them chase them around then headed over to the funfair.

Joan and I couldn't stop laughing at how ancient the funfair rides were.  The paint was peeling off them all and they looked like they'd been around since my parents were kids!  But James and Elliot had great fun on the merrygoround, the bouncy slide and (along with me) on the rollercoaster (a kiddy's one - just my level!)

All that fresh air had obviously gotten to me as after we got home and had tea - I fell alseep on the couch!  It obviously had the opposite effect on the kids as I practically had to wrestle them into bed at 9pm - a full hour later than usual.  Had to get them in by then as The Apprentice final was on last night :o)

PS.  Not sure why but this daft system still won't let me post photos - so annoying...

1 comment:

  1. great post Catherine...... lovely to read about what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete