Wednesday, June 24, 2009

HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS WEEK 2 CONTINUED




Well here goes - let's see if I can remember that far back now!  On the Thursday of our second week we missed Kayla's Gym Joeys class as I could hardly move in the morning.  Its not that my mum and dad's spare bed is particularly uncomfortable - my back seizes up most nights - but for some reason that morning it was particularly bad and I didn't relish the thought of having to lift a very heavy Kayla up over the equipment.

In the afternoon we went to James' friend's house (Andrew) where we met up with Kristen, David and Natalie and Andrew's big brother Ross.  Had a lovely time again and it was so nice to see the kids playing so well together.  Kristen, James, David and Andrew have all been friends since us Mummies met at the Breastfeeding Support Group in Erskine - so from around 3-5 months old!  Its been so lovely watching them all grow up together and I'm so happy that even though we're thousands of miles away we can still keep in touch.  The kids just played as if they'd never been apart - it was so nice.  

I'm a wee bit sad that they'll all be starting school in August and James will be missing that milestone with them but hey ho I suppose he's lucky to be experiencing all the things we experience over here (even if he's too young to appreciate it!)

Went out for another ruby murray (curry) with Elizabeth that night.  Miss my best buddy a lot and I know she misses us.  Me a wee bit and the kids loads!!  She's a great Aunty Lizzy to them and we're all hoping she'll come over for visit soon.  

Spent the Friday down at the coastal town of Troon with Mum and Dad.  We used to go there a lot when I was young and its also where Gabriel and I got married.  The weather was lovely again so no need for expensive days out - we just went to the playpark again and the kids were quite happy!  My Dad hadn't been feeling too well since we got home but we managed to get him to join us for our wee outing.  (Finally managed to add a photograph - yay!  See above at the playpark in Troon).

Had a long awaited get together with the Netmums girls at Lianne's house on Friday.  What a bunch they are!!  We had intended a wee night sitting out the garden with a barbecue and a few glasses of vino but the cold evening and Scottish midgies drove us inside.  Poor Lianne's neighbours - we were still gassing away and laughing our heads off well into the small hours.  I left around 1am but goodness knows how long the rest of them were there!  A good night was had by all though.

While I was out partying with the girls, James was partying with Elliot and his Mum and Dad.  They took him to Pizza Hut (James heaven), then to play on the pirate ship - complete with pirate outfits for both of them!  Joan's so good at all this Mummy stuff - she puts me to shame!!  Then home for a sleepover at Elliot's house - James had a blast.

Had a busy busy day on the Saturday.  Went over to visit my friend Karen, her husband Derrick and their three kids - Craig (19), Lisa (16) and Sarah (13).  I met Karen at my first job with the Clydesdale Bank and we've been friends ever since (23 years ago - eek!!)  Craig was the first baby I ever held and its so funny to see how much he's grown.  Lisa and Sarah are both very tall too.  No-one knows where they all get their height as Karen's not much taller than me and Derrick's a fairly average Scotsman height!  

Had a lovely lunch with them then headed over to my friend Gillian's house for her wee boy's 1st birthday (James and Kayla dressed in their party outfits above).  Gillian has two lovely wee boys - Aidan who's 3 and Kieran.  Aidan has always been a big fan of James and was asking when we were there if he could stay over!  If only we'd had time during our whistlestop tour!!

Had a wee night out with my pal Donna that night.  Went to the very yummy River Inn in Houston (more food - more weight piling on!)  We gabbed so long that we were the only people left in the restaurant and we were sure we heard the staff letting out a cheer when we left!!  Ah well - we had a lot to catch up on!

More visiting on the Sunday - this time killing two birds with one stone!  Went to visit my friend Lesley, her hubby Eoin and their gorgeous baby girl Leah who's just six months so this was my first meeting with her.  She's just lovely.  She's had a few medical problems since she was born - involving a couple of worrying operations for Mum and Dad - but you'd never know - she's just perfect.  Lesley and I's friend Fiona also came along and brought along her "new" man (not that new - we just hadn't met him!) to introduce us.  Graeme seems like a lovely guy and I'm glad she's found someone so nice.  (Picture above of them all).

Headed home for tea (Mum's excellent steak pie at my special request) then my Aunt Moira and Uncle Ian came over.  Lovely to see them as always and the kids had a good laugh with them.

Right, that's me finished boring you all to death with tales of my second week home.  Its been jam packed and next week's not much better!  Tune in soon for our goings on in our last week at home.

Catherine xx

1 comment:

  1. great posting Catherine - can see that you certainly had a great time at 'home'.

    ReplyDelete