Thursday, February 19, 2009

James' first school trip

Just saw James off on the bus for his first nursery school trip. They're going to West Coast Park and he's been so excited about it for the last couple of weeks I thought he'd burst! There are brilliant play areas at West Coast Park.

Mums could go along too to help out but the school weren't overly keen on me going as I'd have to have brought Kayla and therefore wouldn't really have been able to help out much as I'd have been looking after her.

I'd explained this to James a couple of weeks ago and he'd been fine about it. However, this morning he said "you're coming too aren't you? Mummies can come". I felt absolutely rotten not joining him and must confess I had a wee tear in my eye waving him off on the bus. (To those who know me well this will come as no surprise!!!)

Anyway, I'm sure he'll have a great time and I'm looking forward to hearing all about it this afternoon.

PS. They're taking them to McDonalds for lunch. Can you imagine doing this in the UK - there would be an outcry!! It might not be my favourite place to take them - but once in a blue moon won't do any harm - and knowing James he won't eat anything apart from chips anyway!!!

1 comment:

  1. ..... you have written this beautifully!!

    I can just imagine all this happening, especially the "wee tear", cos that was me too. I hated them even going off to school!!

    I bet he had a lovely time and it certainly wont be the last time he heads off on an excursion!!

    ReplyDelete