Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I NEED A MOAN!

I'll apologise in advance as I know this post will probably come across as a bit self-pitying but I just need to have a moan.

Sometimes life in Singapore can be downright lonely.  Even though I've made some really nice friends, I don't see them often enough and some days the loneliness really gets me down.  Anyway, I'm an adult - I can deal with it - but my heart breaks for James.

Ever since we got here I've found it really difficult to meet people with kids the same age as James.  I've only met two so far and one lives in the city centre (so quite far from us) and goes to an international school so has different holidays from James.  The other lives close by but can be a little hit and miss as to whether he wants to play with James or not (I know kids can be like that but it still hurts when its your son he doesn't want to play with).

Anyway, this morning I was in tears as James was talking about who he'd invite to his birthday party.  He could only come up with two people :o(   My heart was breaking for him.  Last year, at home, he had all his little friends who he's known since birth and a couple of friends he'd made at nursery too.  Why has it been so hard here?

He does have little friends at school and I'm so glad of that - but as he goes to a local school no-one ever seems to do anything together after school (apart from more classes!!)  I want to invite some of the children from the school to his party but I don't know if they'll come and that will hurt him even more.   I know these are just the sort of things kids have to go through growing up - but as a Mum its very hard to watch.

Anyway, sorry if this just turned into a big rant.  I just want my gorgeous, kind, funny, loving boy to have some buddies!

1 comment:

  1. oh Catherine ...... I feel for you and for James too.... it is so sad.

    A sad fact of life.

    Does not make it any easier though.

    Make his day extra special and try not to think of 'the numbers' of how many are there or not.... it's the quality that counts not the quantity. Not that he knows that yet.

    When is his special day????

    ReplyDelete